May 18 UpdatesGood morning and happy Monday!
Here are the updates for this week:
- Important dates:The last day of school/virtual learning for students is Friday, June 19. The last instructional packet will be delivered on Friday, May 29. The last day to drop off student work in the bins is Friday, June 12.
- Miscellaneous drop-off/pick-up: Each building principal will give details on dates/times for students to drop off instruments, computer devices, and library books. They will also notify you when students will be allowed to pick up their personal belongings.
- HS Graduation: There will be a high school graduation on Friday, June 26 beginning at 7:00 pm. We want to make sure our seniors are recognized for all their efforts. Details to follow.
- Parade: To kick off the Memorial Day holiday weekend, we are inviting families to drive through the NCS school bus loop on Friday, May 22, at 12:00 pm. The faculty and staff will be lined up around the bus loop. This parade is meant to be an exchange of appreciation between families and educators. This is an opportunity to connect with each other in a safe manner.
- Newfield Recreation Camp: The Rec camp wanted me to notify families that due to COVID-19, the camp will not be open this summer. If you have any questions, you can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org. The early childhood camp is also canceled for this summer.
- Virtual Calming Room: I have a wonderful resource for students and families: CNUSD Virtual Calming Room This site includes sounds and music, guided meditations, visual relaxation, yoga, exercise, coloring and creativity, mindfulness, animal cameras, puzzles and games, smartphone apps, and support textlines and hotlines. I hope you find this beneficial.