|Dear Families and Friends,
There are many great things happening in the Newfield Central School District! The curriculum is becoming more challenging and engaging in every subject area. Supports have been put in place to make sure that every child has access to the appropriate level of instruction and remediation is available for those who need it. Differentiation in the classroom provides opportunities for enrichment for students who excel.
The variety of extra-curricular opportunities is expanding. For information on more great things, be sure to check out the website often! Our vision this year is to create a unified belief system in the district that fosters highly effective learners. We approach every day with an “I can” attitude and never give up on any student. We strive to create an environment where all students can flourish socially, emotionally, and academically and where all students can be successful.
One of the best things about Newfield is that our teachers and administrators are supportive, nurturing and unwilling to let even one child “fall through the cracks.” We say that there are "no excuses" for us not to try to help every child - regardless of situation or background - succeed in school. Each child is special and valued here in Newfield! It is our desire:
1. To make sure every child has the opportunity to excel academically, socially, and emotionally;
2. To consistently raise our scores on the NYS Assessments and Regents exams over time;
3. To encourage teachers to grow professionally beyond their “comfort zone”;
4. To support parents in raising healthy, happy, and academically successful children;
5. To support and work with the community.
If you have any questions about our district I would be happy to speak with you.
Dr. Cheryl Thomas, Superintendent